San Diego Joint Center
Paradise Valley Hospital is pleased to offer a new joint reconstruction center in our beautiful seaside village-themed patient unit. Part of the brand-new San Diego Spine & Joint Center, our new joint program offers state-of-the-art joint replacement with highly skilled orthopedists at an award-winning Top 100 Hospital in the Nation.
Joint pain, especially of the hip and knees, is typically a result of the aging process as the cartilage that cushions the joints wears away over time. This results in arthritis symptoms, such as stiff joints and inflammation. Other factors play a role in joint wear, including genetics, occupation, lifestyle, weight and injuries.
If you have tried physical therapy, pain medication, exercise and weight management, but your joint pain is still interfering with your life, it may be time to consider partial or total joint replacement.
For further information, contact us at 619-470-4321
At the San Diego Spine & Joint Center, we offer:
- Partial Knee Replacement: Replaces only the damaged part of the knee cartilage with a prosthesis (artificial joint made up of metal alloys and high-grade plastic). A partial knee replacement preserves more range of motion and function because it preserves healthy bone and tissue.
- Total Knee Replacement: It is estimated that more than half a million Americans undergo total knee replacement to recover function and the ability to enjoy life once again. Total knee replacement replaces the knee with a prosthesis. Although knee replacement surgeries have been taking place since the 1960s, recent advances in the procedures and technology have made the knee replacement much more human-like.
- Total Hip Replacement: Hip replacement surgery removes damaged or diseased parts of a hip joint and replaces them with a new prosthetic to improve movement, relieve pain and improves the hip’s function.
- Hip Preservation: Using a multi-disciplinary approach to hip pain, we provide comprehensive diagnosis and treatment with the goal to allow patients to maintain an active lifestyle through minimal intervention and the avoidance of extensive surgery.
- Robotic-Assisted Total & Partial Knee Replacement
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Customized Knee Implants
Why Choose Us?
To achieve the most successful outcomes, Paradise Valley Hospital uses a variety of unique experiences to exceed our patients’ expectations, including:
- Healing coastal-themed unit to enhance recovery—therapy includes a “boardwalk” stroll
- Latest advances in surgical procedures, technology and anesthesia
- Family-focused environment, including family participation in coaching, therapy, meals and other activities
- Early mobility
- Wearing comfortable clothes from home instead of hospital gowns to focus on wellness
- Specially trained orthopedic nurses chosen for their positive attitudes and expertise
- Extensive pre- and post-surgery education
- Group physical therapy for encouragement
- Care coordinator to help patient navigate through the process
- High patient satisfaction
- Patient reunion lunches