San Diego Spine Center
The physicians, nurses and staff of the new San Diego Spine & Joint Center, which opened in 2014, have created a special program that brings together a team of experienced and expert spine surgeons to provide seamless, coordinated care and get you back to your favorite activities as soon as possible.
We are proud to say our spine center was the first Marshall Steele spine program in San Diego. Marshall Steele programs are nationally renowned for superior outcomes and high patient satisfaction. Before our spine program opened, San Diegans had to travel all the way to Orange County to access this level of care.
For further information, contact us at 619-470-4321
Healing-Designed Patient Unit
Within our hospital, we have created a special area just for the care of our back surgery patients. When you are a patient with us, you get to wear your own comfortable clothes—plus, family members are encouraged to participate in group activities, meals and other special events. Exercise and therapy also is in a group setting so that our patients can support and encourage each other on the road to recovery.
What makes our spine program unique is that it was designed based on extensive research into what results in high patient satisfaction and the best possible outcomes. These transformational results have been incorporated into our spine center, which combines the highest level of surgical expertise with innovative recovery strategies—all within a beautiful patient unit designed to make you think you are at a seaside hotel rather than a hospital.
Some examples of what makes our spine center special:
- All private rooms and bathrooms
- Early mobility to improve outcome
- Healing-designed unit resembles a coastal town
- Comfortable clothes from home keep the focus on wellness rather than sickness
- Designated family or friend to act as a coach and participate in all aspects of treatment and recovery
- Dedicate care coordinator to provide assistance to patients before, during, and after surgery
- Extensive education starting prior to surgery and continuing all the way to what to do once home
- Follow-up reunion lunch