For further information, contact us at (619) 470-4227
Why choose SBRC Inpatient Rehab?
Each member of our team is compassionate, skilled at what they do, and dedicated to custom-made rehabilitation solutions to achieve each patient’s desired outcome. As an inpatient rehab facility (IRF) we provide a minimum of three hours of rehab therapy 5-6 days a week — a significant amount more than you would receive at other post-acute levels of care. Due to the acute level of medical care and strong emphasis on rehab services, IRFs are associated with shorter stays and faster returns to the life you love!
Since we are located on the Paradise Valley Hospital campus, most acute medical issues that may arise during your stay can be treated on site and may not require a transfer to another facility. Additionally, IRFs typically have better overall patient outcomes, fewer post-rehab hospital readmissions and emergency room visits following their discharge.
South Bay Rehabilitation Center is dual accredited in Medical Rehabilitation as a Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehab and Stroke Specialty unit. CARF’s medical rehabilitation standards are internationally recognized for assuring that providers strive to offer the highest quality services.
A CARF accreditation indicates a provider’s dedication to continuous improvement of services, encouraging feedback from stakeholders, and serving the community.
The Referral Process
Healthcare Providers please include in your referral:
- Face Sheet
- History & Physical
- Last 3 Days of Physician’s Progress Notes
- Current Labs (Including ABG’s if necessary)
- Pertinent Consults (GI, Operative Notes, Endocrine, Neurology etc.) and Imaging Reports
- Current Medication Record
- Isolation Status
- Vital Signs and Diet
- Rehabilitation Therapy Evaluation and Progress Notes
- Discharge/Transfer Summary
For Patients interested in being referred to South Bay Rehab Center, please contact your healthcare provider and have them submit the information listed above.
For Inpatient Referrals find us on Allscripts/ECIN or contact us at:
- Main office: (619) 470-4227
- Fax: (619) 472-4572
What Our Patients Say About Us
Read other patient testimonials on our Our Stories page.
- Referrals / Intake — (619) 470-4227
- Outpatient Services — (619) 470-4300
- Jennifer Mitchell, Director of Rehabilitation Services — (619) 472-4705
- Teresa Cabalar, Rehabilitation Unit Manager — (619) 470-4525
- Nancy Tom, Physical Therapy Supervisor — (619) 472-4579
- Maria Pascua, Speech Therapy Supervisor — (619) 472-4577